Committees perform the majority of the organization’s work under the guidance and leadership of the Chair. The committees make recommendations to the Board for discussion and decision. In addition, committees carry out the approved activities in their portfolio. Committee members who incur expenses on behalf of the Association are eligible for reimbursement. Requests for reimbursement are made with the Expense Claim Form.
Expense Claim Form (839 KB)
Committee Chairs are responsible for overseeing the effective operation of their Committee.
Committee Structure and Operation
- Select Committee members and present the proposed membership to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Determine an annual meeting schedule for the Committee.
- Prepare notices of meeting for all Committee meetings and ensure distribution of the notice of meeting to all Committee Members, the Saskatchewan Artistic Swimming President and the Saskatchewan Artistic Swimming Executive Director.
- Delegate tasks to Committee Members as appropriate and providing appropriate direction and follow-up to ensure the timely completion of tasks.
- Ensure accurate recording of minutes for all Committee meetings and ensure timely distribution of minutes to Committee Members, the Saskatchewan Artistic Swimming President and the Saskatchewan Artistic Swimming Executive Director. The Saskatchewan Artistic Swimming Executive Director will ensure the minutes are circulated to the Board for ratification at the next Board of Directors meeting.
Budget Development and Control
- Develop an annual budget for the Committee activities for presentation to the Finance Committee.
- Monitor the annual budget for the Committee activities. Determine budget changes or modifications then present any proposed changes to the Board of Directors for approval through the Executive Director and the Finance Committee.
Planning and Reporting
- Review the Saskatchewan Artistic Swimming strategic plan and information from the annual planning meeting to ensure priorities for Committee action are identified and incorporated into the yearly plan of activities for the Committee.
- Prepare an annual report on the activities of the Committee for the AGM.
- Assist with preparation of the annual Sport Profile and Sport Follow-up as required
- Contact Committee Members on an ongoing basis to ensure their active involvement.
- Communicate with assigned Staff Members and ensure Saskatchewan Artistic Swimming Executive Director is kept informed of Committee activities and plans as well as requirements from Staff.
- Contact appropriate Vice President to inform them of Committee activities and plans to ensure the Executive Committee and the Board is informed of items requiring approval.
Committee Members are responsible to assist the Committee Chair fulfill responsibilities of their Committee. Committee Members are expected to:
- Attend Committee meetings as set by the Committee Chair.
- Be actively involved and volunteer for events and tasks developed by the Committee.
- Accomplish takes as delegated and accepted.
- Inform the Chair of any concerns.