Chair: Katie Willie
Mandate: To promote, encourage, and support the development and delivery of programs for High Performance Athletes.
Short Term Goals
- Place four routines (provincial or club) in top ten at 2021 Open Nationals.
- Have a minimum of one designated High Performance Coach participate in the National Team Training Program as a coach, apprentice, or observer (annually).
- Early Identification and training support of talented athletes and their coaches.
- Increase numbers in our competitive programs (10 and under,12 and under).
Long Term Goals
- Place a minimum of one athlete on a National Team in 2019-2023.
- Medal in one event and top four placing in two events at Canada Summer Games in 2025.
- Increase numbers in our Competitive National programs (Full team of eight swimmers in each national program club).
- Design, develop and deliver High Performance funded programs for elite artistic swimmers in the province.
- Develop an annual budget for the High Performance Program for submission to the Finance Committee.
- Support coaching development opportunities for coaches interested in or coaching National Stream Athletes.
- Provide additional training opportunities for identified High Performance Excellence Athletes and also for High Performance Development Athletes.
- Improve the standing of Saskatchewan athletes at Nationals and Canada Games.
- Provide support for athletes vying for spots on Canadian National Teams.
- Recruit and mentor coaching staff for the next Canada Games
- Provides athletes' assistance to identified High Performance Excellence Athletes.
- Provide professional development opportunities for officials who judge at Divisional and National Championships and for those officials working toward that level.
- Integrate Canada Sport 4 Life into the High Performance Programs.
- Coordinate the development of the content of High Performance portion of annual submission in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Ensure completion of all necessary follow-up reports in cooperation with the Executive Director and High Performance Director.
- Prepare and monitor the High Performance portion of the annual budget and work with the Vice President Finance and Administration to develop policies and procedures related to administration of funds.
- Establish appropriate selection criteria and procedures for athlete/coach involvement in High Performance programs.
- Prepare a written report for the AGM to summarize the activities of the committee for the year.